Please follow the directions carefully or the mix design parameters will NOT work correctly:
(NOTE THAT USERS HAVE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS WITH THE INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER. IF PROBLEMS OCCUR PLEASE CONTACT US AN LET US KNOW SO WE CAN WORK TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE)
**Moisture content and absorption cells will only change the batch weights. Please enter “0” in all cells to negate the moisture contents.
EVERY “VALUE” CELL MUST BE FILLED IN ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS:
- Fill in the “orange” boxes in order under the “value” column.
- Start with selecting the desired air content (% of volume).
- Select the desired water-to-cementitious materials ratio (water to TOTAL cementitious materials)
- Enter the TOTAL WEIGHT OF ALL CEMENTITIOUS MATERIALS in the cement row (if you want straight cement, enter the total amount of cement only and place a 0 in the % by weight columns in the next three ” % of cementitious materials by weight rows”
- If you want to implement OTHER cementitious materials besides cement, place the TOTAL WEIGHT OF ALL CEMENTITIOUS MATERIALS in the cement row for that particular substitution and enter the substitution %’s of the supplementary cementitious materials in the according rows. Also, select the desired supplementary material from the drop down menus.
- Enter the specific gravities for all cementitious materials being used.
- Select the type of sand from the drop down menu.
- Enter the TOTAL % OF FINE TO TOTAL AGGREGATE in the “value” cell. FOR EXAMPLE: If you wish to use a ratio of 40% fine aggregate to 60% coarse aggregate, enter “40.00” in the “value” cell.
- Enter the specific gravity for the sand.
- Enter the total moisture content (TMC) and absorption factor for your fine aggregate, if desired. Enter “0” if you do not wish to factor the moisture contents.
- Coarse Aggregate #1 is required. The coarse aggregate % of total aggregate volume will automatically be calculated based on the fine aggregate % entered in the previous step. Select the coarse aggregate from the drop down menu, enter the specific gravity of that coarse aggregate, and enter the total moisture content and absorption if desired.
- If you do not wish to use a second coarse aggregate, simply enter “0” into the “% of coarse aggregate volume” field.
- If you desire a secondary coarse aggregate, enter the % OF THE SECONDARY COARSE AGGREGATE TO TOTAL COARSE AGGREGATE VOLUME into the “value” cell. For example: If you want to use 70% coarse aggregate #1 and 30% coarse aggregate #2 to make up your TOTAL coarse aggregate volume, simply enter “30” into the “value” column for coarse aggregate #2 “% of coarse aggregate volume” cell.
- Enter the specific gravity of coarse aggregate #2
- Enter the TMC and absorption factor of coarse aggregate #2 if desired. Enter “0” if you do not wish to factor the moisture contents.
- The mix design weights and volumes will now be proportioned on the right side of the grid.
- If you wish to calculate yield or trial batches, please fill in the “actual density” and “trial batch size (ft3)” cells.